About Plastics Machining
Shanghai is a leading plastic machining supplier for rapid prorotypes and mass production, with our long years of working with plastics, we can understand well the properties of different plastics, and our operators has got much experience on reduced plastics deformation after machining.
If you are ready for your next plastic machining projects, feel free to ask for suggestions on designs to save machining cost, or get advice on the right material selection.
Applications of CNC plastic processing
Plastic machining is not always perfect, but it does provide many advantages for below plastics applications:
- Industrial - CNC machining is a good way to make small and medium-size industrial plastic parts like pulleys and levers,which can provide better accuracy, also CNC machining is useful in the manufacturing of items like housings and fixtures.
- Automotive - The automotive industry relies a lot on CNC milled plastic parts for rapid prototyping especially for automotive lighting, and CNC machined parts do not leave any horizontal lines compared with 3d printing and are more efficient.
- Medical - CNC machining is widely used to make medical plastic parts like electronic medical device components and surgical tools, to reach better precision.
- Electronics -The electronics industry demands a lot CNC machined plastic parts because of the high precision and mechanical strength brought by CNC machining, such as semiconductors and consumer electronics.
Plastic CNC Machining Advantages
CNC plastic machining provides better precision than injection molding or 3D printing. Machined plastic parts do not have the lay-up lines of 3D printing or the parting lines from injection molding, and this advantage improves the appearance and brings better precision.
- Small set-up cost
This advantage is especially outstanding for rapid prototyping or low volume plastic parts production because the parts can be machined directly from plastic sheet or plastic bar stock, NO tooling needed.
- Broader range of materials
A variety of engineering-grade plastics have excellent properties that make them common structural materials for machined parts, including excellent strength-to-weight ratios, extensive insulation properties, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, high temperature resistance, chemical resistance and more.
- Faster turnaround time
CNC plastic parts can be machined 24/7 without any stop which can highly improve the working efficiency and bring faster lead time
CNC Plastic Machining in Various Materials
Shanghai Elue CNC machine shop can carry out any types of plastic machining services, including milling, turning, drilling, thread cutting. There are 30+ types of engineering plastics which can be used here,
below are the most popular ones:
Our team can support you from CAD designs making, samples machining, plastic parts mass production, surface finishes, also customized packing.
We can work from 30+ types of plastic parts and we can guide you the right material selection depending on your application.
All plastic parts are machined in-house, so we can give stable and good quality control each step during processing.
High precision guarantee
The first thing we do is meeting with our clients and talk through their goals on a future project.
During this meeting, feel free to communicate your ideas and ask lots of questions.
Copyright © 2022 Shanghai Elue Industrial Co.,Ltd All Rights Reserved.